I’m pleased to report that the recent extension to my garden are complete, and I’ll be opening the garden for friends, neighbors and all interested peeps on March 28, Saturday at 4pm-6pm SLT. If you follow my blog you’ve heard me bemoaning my plight as I’ve worked over the past month or so; not enough prims, not enough land, not enough this, too much of that. hehe. Well, that’s all over now. And if you have not visited the garden in the past week, I want you to know that there are a couple of surprises and improvements.
The opening is being dedicated to help promote Blues for Autism 2009. In addition to the bluesy community, I’m also very happy to report that I’ve spoken to Xuemei Yiyuan, the Okaasan of the Little Yoshiwara Okiya and she announced the opening to the Little Yoshiwara group. She also said she might give an impromptu performance on the garden grounds during the event. I will be dressed in a Japanese kimono and hope anyone who is interested will wear kimonos and other traditional attire (but this is Optional).
For those who are intersted, here are some of the sources I used for landscaping and structures:
* Bamboo trees by Heart’s Garden Center
* Cherry trees, lilly pads, plants and custom dirt by Flower Power
* Stone Lamps and other items by Hosoi Ichiba
* Tea House & Hut by Zen Island
* Tea Ceremony Set by Joco Domo
* 1-prim trees, rocks, plants, grasses from Linden Lab
Gifts from friends:
* Chimes from Leanna Chaffe
* Water effects, Lillies from Ayn Tomsen
* Koi from Magi McBride
* Torii Gate & Bridge from Dakini Rhode
* Lamp Table, Radios from WT Beck
* Stone Wall from Nena Laasonen
* Water Fountain from Rimpoche Kiama
Cultural enlightenment from Little Yoshiwara
I hope you come explore and enjoy my garden. I’ve created it to express my personal sense of beauty, but it will live only if friends visit and enjoy it.