Wow! Another entire year is almost past!
It’s time to think about what happened and what will come in 2010. At the end of 2008, my point of view was colored by real life fears concerning the global economy. As everyone knows, it’s hard to keep real life out of our second lives and going forward I’m determined to keep this journal about Second Life. However, my human wants to recall that in past several months she has struggled against a drive to simply leave Second Life and return to the real world forever. Fortunately for me, my human still believes that Second Life is worthwhile. yuk, yuk.
Looking back I can’t help but recall the many parties I attended, and not the least of which was my own rez day party and my gal pal LeLe’s party. I also pranced into rez day parties for friends. I went to weddings. I helped organize the 1st Annual Dreamgirl Sleepover. I got down at concerts. And went to all sorts of other parties and, oh yeah, I did some hosting too. I hosted for Ziffy Zarf at Shorty’s Ice House and Hoodoo Harry at Junkyard Blues. The great thing is that I did most of the things I really enjoyed with Leanna…Yay LeLe.
In 2009 when I wasn’t partying, I participated in charitable fundraisers including Blues for Autism, and Breast Cancer Awareness where we raised L$120,000 in a single night.
During the first months of 2009 I worked relentlessly on Yordie’s Zen Garden, learning to build and script, and I’d like to think I enhanced my garden substantially. Yes, I sold the garden lands this past month, but I plan to rebuild an even larger and more beautiful garden in 2010.
In 2009, I published 182 blog entries and even wrote a thoughtful thread about Second Life romance.
When I look at all the fun things I did I could convince myself that I had a great year, but the truth is that all of that fun came crashing to an end when I partnered with a guy I should never have even dated. And to make this all worse, I sought comfort with another guy I should never have trusted. These “romantic” disasters hit hard and it has taken a long time to get clear of the wreckage. Soooooo, I think my New Year’s resolutions may be a bit tainted by my desire to never get involved in these types of entanglements again.
New Year’s Resolutions
It’s hard to spend a year in Second Life without learning about yourself. And like last year, 2008, the most important lesson continues to be: Second Life is not the same as real life. Hopefully I can learn from my past year. Hopefully my resolutions for 2010 will lead me back to the things that I really like about myself and my second life. So, here are my resolutions:
1) I will try to be a kind and caring friend to the people who care about me.
2) I won’t be timid about clearing my Friends list of people who no longer participate in my SL.
3) I am going to limit my time in SL each week, and I’ll select activities that contribute to my goals.
4) I’ll continue to date guys but only guys who have hearts and souls and minds and lives.
5) I intend to rebuild Yordie’s Zen Garden on a larger plot.
6) I want to plan an event or party for my friends, maybe an event I can do annually.
7) I want to engage in hospitality again and some hosting at Junkyard Blues.
8) I’ll try to improve my blog including creating one or more new blogs for other purposes (I have some ideas for a sex blog… wink, wink).
9) I want to see more of the sims on the grid and I’ll create more time for exploring.
AND… YAY 2010 !!
Happy New Year girlfriend…… looking forward to 2010!!!!