My second life 2009 was not very happy and my 2010 wasn’t much better until one night Takamatsu Soke became part of my life. At the end of 2009 I had made some resolutions that I hoped would make my 2010 much better, so I thought it would be interesting to see how I did. Here they are:
1) I will try to be a kind and caring friend to the people who care about me.
Needs Explanation: A lot of nice people have shown kindness and caring towards me and I want to make sure they feel that love in return, but I guess there’s no way to know if I succeeded or failed.
2) I won’t be timid about clearing my Friends list of people who no longer participate in my SL.
Failed: I don’t seem to be able to give up on people unless they have given up on me or don’t respect my time and circumstances, and you know who you are. So I seem to add more and more friends.
3) I am going to limit my time in SL each week, and I’ll select activities that contribute to my goals.
Needs Explanation: This was a perfectly reasonable goal and I was doing great at this until September 10th when Tak truly came into my life and changed it in ways I could never have imagined. Now instead of limiting my time, I find I’m trying to create more time to be inworld. So, this goal made sense at one point but is totally obsolete for my future.
4) (totally no longer applies).
5) I intend to rebuild Yordie’s Zen Garden on a larger plot.
Succeeded: Yes I did! In January I found new land adjacent to the wonderful Little Yoshiwara and I built my new garden. Yay for me!
6) I want to plan an event or party for my friends, maybe an event I can do annually.
Succeeded: Yes I did! In August I held my Summer Evening Celebration at the garden and two dozen guests made the event. Yay for me!
7) I want to engage in hospitality again and some hosting at Junkyard Blues.
Succeeded: Yes I did! In January I began hosting for DJ Luci Bergbahn on Saturday nights and except for a period of about a month in the Summer, I have been hosting ever since. Yay for me!
8) I’ll try to improve my blog including creating one or more new blogs for other purposes.
Succeeded: Yes I did! I have added tabs to the blog and expanded my Labels to include many new categories. Also, I began Tweeting and this has had the result of bringing new friends to the blog. I have many new ideas to implement but those are goals for 2010. Sooo… Yay for me!
9) I want to see more of the sims on the grid and I’ll create more time for exploring.
Succeeded: Yes I did! And yes We did! In the early part of the year I did my solitary exploring (this wanderlust seems to be in my bones) and when Tak & I connected, we have expanded our reach into new worlds I never even imagined, with more to come. Yay for Tak & me!
Overall I think I did pretty good, especially with resolutions that could be measured objectively (geez, I know that’s a “duh”). Anyway, I want to create some new resolutions for 2011 and I’ll be busy scratching out my ideas over the next couple days.