A Virtual Life Brown-out

Everyone knows real life has priority over our second lives, but right now I wish I could ignore my human’s real life. I’m on the move again, we are moving to our new home.

My Virtual Life On Hold

We’ve got movers, cable guys, delivery guys, walk-throughs, papers to sign, insurance and all kinds of things I’d rather ignore. This activity picks up tommorrow and continues through the weekend, maybe into next week. Just letting everyone know my virtual life will be browning out for awhile.

Note: Sex & the Virtual City Coming Soon

I’ll be leading off with the first episode in the Sex & the Virtual City as soon as Monday. In fact, I’d like to publish tommorrow. I’ll see what our publisher and my co-author thinks first though.

Yordie Sands @ Home - Second Life New England 2012_026

Advertisements

About Yordie

I'm an avatar in Second Life where I star as the heroine of a virtual fantasy life. In the real world, I'm writing my debut sci-fi novel.
This entry was posted in Journal and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to A Virtual Life Brown-out

1. Aww, Yordie! Good luck with all that RL crap! I guess it’s messier than just renting a virtual beach and spreading your prims out! šŸ˜›

It’s probably not a big shock that your “publisher” sez, when in doubt… Publish!!!

• Yordie says:

Thanks Van… my brain is a like a merry-go-round right now, thoughts and things to do just whirling around leaving me dizzy. This last phase is coming fast now. /me wanders off in a daze

• aww, your country driving, home moving, paper signing, etc odyssey is probably totally different… but at least in the dizziness… a little bit like my grappling with moving iRez to ITS new home! šŸ˜›

I’m still ironing, uh “clothes” to get out all the wrinkles from that flood, moving Disqus comments around, etc, uggh! I hope to get out from under all this tech detail some day and start working on ideas again.

O how we suffer! šŸ˜¦

(this is probably what the kids are referring to when they mock us and say “first world problems” šŸ˜›

• Yordie says:

I think what you went through with the move of iRez is far more unnerving. That feeling of “will it ever be restored” is a lot worse than “omg, which box is the silverware in.

I hope things are going well with the rebuild? Did you get all the photo links restored? Hugs girlfriend.

• uggh, we’re mostly back… but there might be termites… or possibly mold in the basement… I’m, OMG, actually thinking about moving again! šŸ˜›

kind of like being in a relationship with a guy who you really liked but now it’s all become so fussy and complicated and you wish things could just be easy again… or move on to the future… but so far you’re still mired in it…

haha, ok, I guess it’s not THAT bad! šŸ˜€

• Yordie says:

Moving again? new hosting company? oh lordy!

2. pennycoho says:

Hey sounding like a crazy week for you! Good luck with everything Yordie! šŸ™‚

3. Mera says:

RL is da bitch! *Huggiesquishies* ā¤

4. Leanna Chaffe says:

Hugs…. Hurry back!

5. Leanna Chaffe says:

Here’s your coffee… good morning Yordie. WELCOME HOME! Ease into the day, you deserve it! Hugz

• Yordie says:

Hi LeLe… darn, that cup got cold. the furniture delivery hit this morning, I was like in my shortie-nitie cuz i didn’t expect delivery on vets day, but sure enough they delivered. then i needed groceries. then gypsy came by to inspect and bring some things i need like Emeril’s Original Essence and stuff. I’m putting the coffee in the nuker to warm it up. Hugs & Love girlfriend

6. Good luck, Yordie. I hope everything goes very smoothly!

Comments are closed.